Friday, March 23, 2018

Beware of SCAMS & VIRUSES

I think it's absolutely horrible that while we are simply going about our day building our businesses that some people take pleasure in spreading virus and other attempt scams to steal our private information.

Unfortunately, this is the world of technology we live in!

Today, I received a second scam in as many days and wanted to alert you to be aware and cautious if you receive something similar. 


The ones I received came from a seemingly reputable company like CitiBank or Charles Schwab (as pictured). They contained virtually the same messages...playing on fear of a breach of my information and asking that I click an embedded link to verify my account which caused me to look at the emails more closely...

First, I don't have an account with either of these businesses.

Secondly, the return email address is generic (Charles Schwab <info@esheba.org>) and not from the company domain that you would expect someone to use.  It should be:  info@schwab.com or something similar.

So, my advice is...

1. DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

2. NEVER CLICK A LINK WITHIN AN EMAIL like this or from anyone you don't know.  (However, even when I receive an email from a friend or someone I know and especially if  I'm not expecting anything from them, I double check with them before clicking on anything.)

3. Open up your browser and go to your company's website directly to log in, if you have an account and want to double check it. It bears repeating...NEVER, EVER, EVER USE THE LINK IN THE EMAIL.  


I hope this helps you thwart the efforts of the scammers and keeps you safe on the web!


Cheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment